When it comes to review posts I have no shame in admitting I have now recruited almost my entire family in testing out products.
To test our latest review product - the Kidcam from CCTV and surveillance vendor Storage Options - I recruited the newest addition to our family 11-month-old Baby T, his four-year-old sister and parents. They were given the product over the Christmas period and set to work trying it out.
The product consists of two wireless cameras, a 4.3” companion screen, battery chargers and a range of different suction mounts and stands, allowing parents to fix them anywhere in the house and view live footage of their children, with sound.
The live footage is transmitted to the split-screen display, so parents can see and hear their children from any room in the house or garden at a range of up to 100 metres, even at night time.
- The product was very easy to set up and the fact that the cameras and companion screen are rechargeable is an added bonus.
- The cameras are very portable and also very discreet.
- The wireless nature of the cameras works well as it avoids the need for long wires between the camera and the screen.
- The cameras are equipped with night vision, which is excellent for monitoring children while they are asleep.
- It is possible to split the screen and view two rooms at once, which is great if you want to monitor more than one child.
We didn’t like:
- The screen only comes with a suction mount, which requires a smooth service to fit on to. At times finding such a service was difficult so the product would benefit from having an additional stand for the screen that requires no suction mount.
We felt it was an excellent product that works well and is very easy to use. It could be improved with an additional stand for the screen. The quality of the video footage is not exceptional but certainly very good and we felt the price of £159.99 was very reasonable given the technology involved. It’s a product we will definitely use on a daily basis.
We received the KidCam from Storage Options free of charge to review. Further details are available on the Storage Options website .