There's a distinct lack of glamour on this blog.
I've come to this conclusion after spending a whole morning reading beauty blogs for a project I'm working on.
I'm suddenly feeling a little old and a little frumpy.
The blogs and the writers are all very glamorous and many feature some stunning photographs of the latest beauty products and make-up ranges.
They've taught me a lot.
- Never leave black mascara unattended - it will get used and not on eyelashes.
- Never suggest a selection of different nail varnishes would make a good present, especially if they contain glitter.
- Never get into a conversation about ear-piercing - you'll be going round in circles forever.
- Never get into a conversation about whether your daughter's friends have had their ears pierced - it won't help your argument.
- Never buy expensive perfumed soap - it'll be dropped into the bathwater and left there.
- Never, under any circumstances, get into conversation about hair removal - it will trigger more questions that it answers.
And never ever leave your favourite and most expensive lipstick within reach.
Parents of older children - is there anything else I need to know?