It has to be Sod’s Law that the week I’m preparing for a night away in London is the week when all my work deadlines fall on the same day, so I’m left having to work late into the night just at the time when I need my beauty sleep.
However it will all be worthwhile when I travel to the Mother and Baby Awards tomorrow, my work for the week done, even if I do look a little exhausted. I’ll also be reunited with treasured members of my Cameroon family, so I am more than a little excited.
I am not feeling the slightest bit glam but thankfully Aaron from Publicasity has come to my aid with make-up and cosmetics for me to cast my critical eye over.
Cindy’s Crawford’s Meaningful Beauty
The Age Maintenance System’s starter pack (RRP £29.99) consists of a skin softening cleaner, a daily moisturiser SPF 8, night fluid, skin revitalising serum , eye cream and neck cream. The products were very good and I’d certainly recommend them although I prefer a cream-based cleanser. The cleanser needed to be washed off with water, which I found a little drying. My main criticism is that the products to not say which skin type they are designed for – the documents that came with the products only listed their ingredients. However, you do get a lot on the starter pack and it’s a great way of trying out the range before committing to the products.
- The products overall were very good
- The skin revitalising serum was gorgeous
- The night cream was very light which suited my slightly oily skin
- Very good value for money
- I was unsure if the products were designed for combination skin
- The wash-off cleaner was a little drying after two weeks
- There was no toner included
- The night cream may be too light for dryer skin
Sheer Cover Make-up
The make-up pack consisted of mineral foundation, a duo concealer, base perfector, extra length mascara, two make-up brushes, lip gloss and cream eyeliner compact which all came in a vanity case. Priced at £19.99 you certainly get a lot for your money. The products are all a very good quality. Although I prefer a cream foundation I would use the mineral foundation as a touch-up in the evenings. You get two pots of foundation for different skin types and if yours doesn’t match you can mix the two to achieve the right colour. The same applies to the duo concealor. The pack also came with an helpful make-up tricks and tips DVD.
- The base perfector was brilliant
- Products are made from natural ingredients
- The mineral foundation is SPF 15
- The make-up really did stay on and lasted all day
- It is easy and quick to apply
- Excellent value for money
- The powder tends to cake a little in more oily areas if you make the mistake of applying too much
- Make-up that did not match my skin type was wasted
- Mixing foundation to match it to your skin type is time-consuming
Now I just need to do something with my hair and find a way of adding an extra hour, or two, to my day.